25.3.13

Vegan Cupcakes

During the weekend I decided to bake some cupcakes, I went for a classic one, chocolate and vanilla frosting.
The recipe come from the book "Vegan Cupcakes take over the world" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.

























































Down below I've quoted the recipe and the directions from the book.
Ingredients :
1 cup soy milk
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup canola oil (I used colza oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Prepare the cupcakes:


Preheat oven to 350°F (200 C° circa) and line a muffin pan with paper liners.Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and other extract, if using, to the soy milk mixture and beat until foamy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain (a few tiny lumps are OK).Lightly spray the liners with cooking spray and pour batter into liners, filling 3/4 of the way. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those look really cute and delicious! And I love that it's made with all "real" ingredients. Most vegan cupcakes I come across involve all these vegan-alternatives that I can't get here. This though, I'd love to try out!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! <3 For cupcakes I usually follow the recipes from "Vegan Cupcakes take over the world" and just skip or change the ingredients I can't find here in my country! They come always quite good! And in general I'm satisfied of the result!

      Delete
  2. Love this book! those look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I love this book too! I'm planning to bake more cupcakes this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hey! I really appreciate it.